“You probably have a lot of room for improvement, everyone does. But, there’s also a lot to be proud of this year! Let’s celebrate that!”
Okay everyone, I got 5 responses to my Instagram challenge. I know, that doesn’t seem like a lot but honestly, I was worried with such short notice and not a huge following yet…no one would participate. So I am EXTREMELY excited about these five glorious people who chose to play along. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your years have been amazing and I can’t wait to see what 2018 looks like for each of you! Each of you get to be featured on my updated post here with your linked sites and shared with my social media followers. I am forever grateful and I can’t wait to do the same challenge next year and compare how many I get then vs. now.
Each of these women are amazing and so are their blogs. So please take the time to read them and get some awesome tips about life!
I’ve got to give some extra love to Nicole from Empowered Living with Nicole! It’s pretty hard to top her year. Nicole is a quadriplegic and this year she stood! Wow! You are an inspiration! There’s no telling what you can do in 2018! She also has some other pretty amazing things going on in her life. Check out her collage:
Challenge accepted @thewiserlifeblog ! This is my 2017 Year in Review Instagram Challenge collage! Each picture represents a different part of my 2017. ♥️ 1. My favorite quote for the year; “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” I love this quote because 2017 has been a year of personal growth for me and realizing I have the power to create my life and myself exactly how I want. ♥️ 2. A picture that represents one of my greatest accomplishments. This year I graduated from Southwest Institute of Healing Arts with a degree in Mind-Body Transformational Psychology and a certificate as a hypnotherapist. ♥️ 3. A picture that represents a relationship that I’m proud of. This is a picture of a coworker and I. I’m so thankful for this relationship as Chelsea is someone I know I can talk to and she’s not going to tell me what I want to hear, but rather she’s going to keep it real and tell me what I need to hear. Our relationship is exactly what I expect a friendship to be. LOVE YOU, CHELS! ♥️ 4. One of my favorite memories from 2017. Standing. I’m a quadriplegic, so to be able to stand with such little assistance was so freeing. I can’t wait to see what I’m able to tackle in 2018 when it comes to my recovery. The little things. ♥️ 5. A picture of me in 2017 ♥️ 6. My intention for 2018, which is to be brave!
Live Like a Butterfly
This next awesome lady is Heather from Live Like a Butterfly. She’s been super busy this year getting promotions, hanging out with her awesome mom, and taking fun trips! I really love her intention for 2018. Check it out:
This lady is totally living life to the fullest and always getting her work-out on! Check out her journey and awesome tips on Striving for Balance. Her collage makes her 2017 look pretty amazing:
I did The 2017 Year in Review Instagram Challenge with @thewiserlifeblog! Each picture represents a different piece of my 2017 (In order, left to right, top to bottom). 1. My favorite quote for the year: I love this one because it reminds me hat the biggest obstacle is usually yourself! 2. A picture that represents my proudest accomplishment: This year I completed my first bike/Run portion of IronGirl. My only goal was to finish which I didn’t think I could but I did it! 3. A picture of me: well me and my bestie! She is on the left and I’m on the right. It’s from my trip to Colorado for my 40th Birthday (Yay me!!!) 4. My favorite memory this year: and my second product accomplishment – making it through not one but 3 haunted houses – the first time since I was about 7 years old! 5. A picture that represents a relationship that I’m proud of or that has grown: my husband and my children (who are now young adults) I love them all with all of my being – my favorite people!!! 7. My intention for 2018, which is to keep crushing my goals!!!! www.strivingforbalance.com @strivingforbalance1 #strivingforbalance #thewiserlife #2017yearinreview #goodbye2017 #hello2018
Kayla is going to be a mommy this year and she’s still being awesome and doing things out of her comfort zone! I love the way she looks at life. Check her out on Kayla B. Collection! Check out her year in review:
I did “The 2017 Year in Review Instagram Challenge” with @thewiserlifeblog ⬅️ check it out to join in too! Each picture represents a piece of my 2017 (in order, left to right, top to bottom) 🖤 1. My favorite quote for the year: I love this quote because it really makes you take a step back and look at your life & ENJOY! In today’s society we’re always looking ahead at what’s next, what’s better, & planning for the future. What we’re not doing, is enjoying life as it’s happening – being present – and enjoying each step along the way. 🖤 2. A picture that represents my proudest accomplishment: I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone, and not only created my entire website/blog by myself -but went live! 🖤 3. A picture that represents a relationship that I’m proud of or that has grown: This is a picture of my lil’ man at our last ultrasound appointment earlier this month. I’m so proud of this relationship because I’m becoming a first time Mommy, & my relationship with him has grown SO much as well. Just back in May of this year he was just a hope/prayer inside my head, & now I’m not only physically seeing him grow, but feeling him stretching, jumping, tumbling, and kicking inside my tummy ALL day long! It is absolutely incredible. 🖤 4. My favorite memory of the year: The most beautiful sunset I’ve ever seen (the picture does not do it justice) while on my Babymoon in San Diego, CA with my husband. The entire trip was my favorite memory this year. 🖤 5. A picture of me in 2017. Taken just two months ago at my cousins wedding. 🖤 6. My intention for 2018: I feel I have SO many aspirations for the coming year! I recently have felt overwhelmed just thinking of everything I want to do, be, and accomplish. This quote sums up how I feel I need to work through these aspirations. If I remember to be the best version of myself everyday, I’ll be just fine! Loved this Challenge! 🖤 You can do the challenge too, just follow ➡️ Ashley @thewiserlifeblog & get all the info! #thewiserlife
And last, but certainly not least, check out MJ on 40 and Up Health and Fitness. She’s been busy gaining more education, stepping out of her comfort zone to be more awesome, and getting her health on! I love how relaxed she looks here:
I am doing the 2017 Instagram Challenge for and with @thewiserlifeblog. #thewiserlife Top Left goal for 2018; bottom left took vacay without hubby this year! Middle Top I completed my HWC Certification = My biggest goal for 2017 And last but not least started my own website/ blog! Talk about stepping out of my comfort zone! I destroyed that sucker 👍😉🤣
Again, thank you all so much for taking the challenge. I hope you play a long again next year!
Hey, friends! I wanted to do something kind of fun as a way for us to give a little review to our lives in 2017. That’s why I created The 2017 Year in Review Instagram Challenge as a way for us to share and remember the awesome things that happened in 2017.
SO many things have happened to me in 2017. I had a baby, I completed grad school, and I started my new business/life change adventure! I decided a fun way for us to celebrate the awesomeness of 2017, is to create a collage, made up of specific pictures to represent a different piece of our 2017. Something that might look like this:
Each picture represents a different piece of my 2017 (In order, left to right, top to bottom).
- My favorite quote for the year: I love this one because it has really helped me jump over some hurdles in my life and understand the best way to make life choices.
- A picture that represents my proudest accomplishment: This year I graduated with a Masters in English and an emphasis in Pedagogy. Pedagogy is just a fancy word meaning the art of teaching. This picture was the day I did my portfolio defense. I was so confident and just relieved for it to be nearly done.
- A picture that represents a relationship that I’m proud of or that has grown: This one is a picture of me and my newest baby, A. I’m proud of this relationship and it has grown. Being a mother for the third time has been a struggle for me as I dealt with postpartum depression and adjusting to having a baby after 7 years from the birth of my last child. But she has helped me discover a new level of strength and love.
- My favorite memory of the year: This is baby A’s first Halloween. She had just started smiling and gave us a great big ol’ smile for the picture!
- A picture of me in 2017.
- My intention for 2018, which is to be a #GirlBoss!
What I would LOVE is for you to create a similar collage image using the criteria I used in mine. Then I will pick a few of my favorites and share them on my blog as a testament to the awesome year we both had!
Why Do this Challenge?
Well, for one, it’s just a great idea to look back on your year and really focus on the GOOD things. You probably have a lot of room for improvement, everyone does. But, there’s also a lot to be proud of this year! Let’s celebrate that!
Also, it’s free promotion for your blog or website. If I choose your image (how many I choose just depends on how many are submitted), then I’ll post it here on New Year’s Eve and link it back to your blog, website, Facebook page, or wherever you want me to link it! I’ll promote this updated post again on all my social media sites. I can tell you, I want to post as many as possible because I’m just so excited to see how everyone’s year went and to share that experience with others.
If you don’t have anything to promote, no worries! Just do it to celebrate yourself and share with everyone the good things that happened in 2017!
Okay, so what should you do now?
First, Gather Your Images
- Find a picture of your favorite quote or make your own (see how to do this below).
- Find a picture that represents your proudest accomplishment. This can be absolutely anything you are proud of for the year.
- Find a picture that represents a relationship from 2017 that you’re proud of or that has grown. Maybe you had a baby like I did, maybe your marriage got stronger, maybe you made a new bestie, or maybe you just really love your dog!
- Find a picture that represents your favorite memory from the year.
- Find a picture of you. Whether you love pictures of yourself or hate them, it’s important that we don’t exclude ourselves from memories. If you don’t like what you see then part of your 2018 journey can be to change it or learn to accept and love it. You are beautiful!
- Create an image that states your main intention for 2018. If you’re not sure how to create this, keep reading!
Next, Make Your Collage
The images can be in any order you want. If you’re not sure how to create the collage, just use Layout from Instagram on your phone, like I did. Download the app, and then choose the images from your camera-roll for the collage. Easy-peasy!
If you’re not sure how to create a text graphic, like the ones in my collage with the quote and 2018 intentions, just download any old free text-editing app from the app store. Personally, I like to use Canva or Fontmania. Super easy apps, and free! Create the text image, save it to your camera roll and add it to your collage!
Finally, Share on Instagram with Me!
Once you’re all finished I would love, Love, LOVE to see this tiny, but awesome glimpse of your 2017 Year in Review!
- Be sure you are following me on Instagram. I’ll follow you back. You can look at my 2017 Year in Review as an example.
- Post your collage on Instagram with a brief description of each image to explain your 2017.
- Include @thewiserlifeblog, AND #thewiserlife somewhere in your message so I will see your collage and we have a place to go and see them all together.
- Invite your friends in on the fun as well! You can do this by just including any simple statement like, “I did The 2017 Year in Review Instagram Challenge with @thewiserlifeblog!
- Comment on your image with the url you want to promote if I choose your image. If you don’t do this then I will just assume you don’t want to promote a site.
- Do this by Midnight, on December 30th!
If I choose your image, I will post it as an update to this blog post on New Year’s Eve, link it to your blog or website (if you have one), and share the updated posts on all my social media pages. How many I choose depends on how many participate.
Again, the deadline to complete this challenge is Midnight, on December 30th. Don’t hesitate to email me or comment below with any questions.
Okay, I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Don’t forget to subscribe for freebies, discounts on future courses, and tips on how to live The Wiser Life!
Discover Your Purpose…10 Day Journaling Challenge